Learn to make innovative web apps with Ruby on Rails and unleash your creativity
- Learn how to rapidly prototype ideas and turn them into presentable apps
- Become a professional web application developer
- Become a professional Ruby on Rails developer
- Design and build virtually any web app you can imagine
- Apply for jobs at software companies as Ruby on Rails developer
- Modern browser and internet connection
- No prior programming or web app development experience of any kind necessary
Ruby on Rails Developer average salaries by city as of November 2018 (according to glassdoor):
New York – $111,972/yr, Boston – $90,091/yr, San Francisco – $133,954/yr, Chicago – $93,167/yr.
Need more reasons on “why Ruby on Rails?” Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most popular and powerful web application development tools for both startups and existing software companies. Some of the top sites in the world started with Ruby on Rails such as Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and many more! Even after immense scaling, most of them continue to use Rails! Ruby on Rails developers routinely command the highest salaries in the tech industry!
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer is:
#1 Web development course with Ruby on Rails on Udemy. 50,000 students, 6600+ ratings, 58% of them are 5-star!
#1 Best-seller in Ruby on Rails since it’s launch
This is the only course you’ll need where you learn how to build everything from simple to complex, deployable, production-ready web applications
— Latest upgrade done in November 2018 —
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course provides a thorough introduction to Web Applications Development using the wildly popular Ruby on Rails framework. With 36+ hours of engaging video lectures and text follow-up lectures with directions, references and all the code used in the videos, this course is designed to:
– Take students with no prior programming or web application development experience to accomplished web application developers specializing in Ruby on Rails.
– Give students with prior experience in Ruby on Rails or web development a leg up in the industry by helping them learn the ins and outs of back-end development with Rails and building complex apps at will.
– Give professionals and students alike the avenue by which they can switch to Ruby on Rails as the back-end development framework of choice so they can build robust web apps in very quick time and bring their ideas to life.
Current web apps built in the course (5):
Sections 4 – 7: Alpha blog – CRUD functions, multiple resources, authentication system built from scratch, front-end using Bootstrap, one-to-many and many-to-many associations at DB layer, production deployment! Compatible with both Rails 4 and 5 (with repositories on each version)
Section 8: Finance Tracker social media app – Learning to use Devise for authentication, scaffold generators, search forms, ajax, jquery, search functionality, external API (stock prices) usage, rapid prototyping. Compatible with both Rails 4 and 5 (repositories on each version)
Section 9: Photo App – Production email confirmation functionality, extending devise basic functionality, payment using Stripe API, file storage with AWS S3 bucket
Section 10: SaaS Project Management App – Multi-tenancy, extending devise and incorporating payment functionality with Stripe, multi-tiered teams, email invitations within teams, restrictions based on payment tiers and more!
Section 11: University App (bonus) – Introductory Rails app (optional as beginner app for the course) – beginner friendly, along the lines of Alpha blog, but uses MaterializeCSS front-end framework instead of Bootstrap and walks through how to customize features in it. Using fully local development and Rails 5
Currently in the process of adding a 6th app with Rails 5 which uses Semantic UI as the front-end and displays the power of ActionCable using web socket protocol to make real-time features available to Rails web apps. Expected launch 11/20/2018
Ruby on Rails – introduced 13 years ago – continues to be the cool but stable framework of choice for startups since it allows for rapid development – while maintaining structure and security – as complex and disruptive business ideas are brought to life in record time.
This course takes a very structured approach of teaching Rails starting with Ruby – the programming language behind Rails. Everything from “Hello World” to Object Oriented Programming is covered. Students acquire skills rapidly; utilizing homework assignments, quizzes, coding exercises and free web based resources to go with the video lectures. The text lectures also provide reference material after each video, it’s like having multiple books in addition to the videos to guide students through the course.
At first all the code is done from scratch limiting the use of shortcuts and generators so students can understand what’s really going on under the hood of Rails applications and can design them the way they want. Then with solid knowledge and understanding already in place, rapid prototyping methods are introduced in later parts of the course, showing use of generators and scaffolding, finishing with a complete Software as a Service Application that can be used to launch a startup!
Some key features of this course are:
– 250+ lectures and 36+ hours of video content
– Ruby programming from scratch; writing your first program to say “Hello World” to Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
– Rails 4 & 5 using both cloud-based Integrated Development Environment and local development environments
– Local installation and development options made available for both Macs and Windows machines (that’s right, Windows as well!)
– Git for version control, Github as code repository, Heroku for production deployment
– Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality, Multi-Tenancy using Milia
– Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
– Rails MVC structure in-depth – Models, Views, Controllers
– FREE live support
– Design and conceptualization using wire-framing tools
– Building authentication systems from scratch at first using the default Rails stack, including admin feature, log in/logout and signup. Then learning how to use Devise and extend the basic functionality provided by Devise to customize it and speed up authentication systems
– Bootstrap and MaterializeCSS (using material design concepts) for UI styling
– Build fully automated test suites by writing Unit, Functional and Integration tests
– Learning database migrations: One-to-many, many-to-many association implementation with Rails using ActiveRecord
– much, much more!
- Anyone who wants to be a web app developer: This is a complete course which starts with Ruby and ends with creating multiple web apps with Rails.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Ruby is a language built with programmer happiness in mind
- Anyone who wants to bring their web app ideas to life
- Anyone who wants to start their own startup with their own apps