Bootcamp on the React.js essentials. Gain a strong foundation of the core concepts, and build exciting and useful apps!
What you’ll learn
- Learn React the right and learn best practices.
- Dive into the React engine, and learn how it works under the hood.
- See how React fits in the big picture of web development.
- Learn how to build applications from scratch.
- Cover the crucial concepts of bundling and transpiling, and create frontend application build systems.
As of January 2019, this course has been completely updated with all new material!
The new content follows all the best practices of modern React development, and will take you even deeper into the React engine. There is a far better exploration of where React fits in the overall big picture of web development. And just like before, the course will teach how to create React applications as you build your own React projects along with the tutorial.
Want to learn how to create React applications the right way?
With five minutes of your time, I’ll explain why this course is the best invesment of time you can make to learn how to code React apps.
When I was first learning web development and software engineering, I used courses, tutorials, stackoverflow threads, and public github projects. It was invigorating – teaching myself the skills that would start a career.
But I often found that tutorials only showed me what methods to use. I had to piece together examples, trying to figure out why examples were working – why bugs were popping up. Even when I found a code fix, there was often that missing layer of how the update addressed the problem.
It was a grind, and the learning process could have been more efficient with better resources.
Fast forward five years, and I’m working as a full-stack software engineer at Zendesk in San Francisco. I often think back to those first couple years teaching myself web development.
The resources could have been better, more efficient, giving me not only what to write, but why the fix addresses the issue, and how the code works under the hood.
So that is what I’ve created in this course. A React learning experience that will give you all three of those important aspects to understanding code: what methods to use, why to use those methods, and how those methods work under the hood.
I really believe that taking this course will be a valuable investment of your time.
I’m making the first couple sections free to preview. Even if you only end up doing this free content, you’ll walk away with a complete React application, and a lot of valuable lessons learned.
Why take this course from me?
As mentioned before, I’m a full-stack software engineer working at Zendesk in San Francisco. I’ve also released 15 courses (a lot of them on React), with more than 170,000 students from 192 countries so far.
I’ve applied the best practices of software I’ve learned in my career, and the feedback from my thousands of reviews, to craft the best learning experience possible for you in this course. You’ll find a healthy balance of conceptual theory, and practical hands-on experience. You’ll gain skills right from the get-go in the first section. And you’ll build interesting and relevant projects throughout the course.
In this course, you will:
- Dive into React code right away. You will gain relevant experience as soon as the first section. Time is precious. And I want to make sure that you’ll never feel like you’re wasting it in this course. So in a matter of minutes, you will be writing React code in the first section, with a fully completed app by the end of it.
- Understand how React fits in the big picture of web development. In the second section, you will take an important step back and examine how React fits in the big picture of web development. You’ll build a React project from scratch – discovering all the layers that are in between the supplies that supports the React app, and the browser which displays the React app.
- Create relevant and compelling React apps. I’m betting you’ll find the apps both useful and interesting. Useful ones like the portfolio app will help you both learn React, and be valuable as a completed project for your software engineering and web developer profile. Fun ones like “Music Master”, will make coding lively, giving you apps you want to show off to your friends and family.
In summary, you should take this course if you want to learn React in a time-efficient way, while building relevant and engaging projects.
Once again, the first couple sections are free to preview. And even if you only complete the free content, you’ll walk away with a full React app, and lots of valuable lessons learned.
See you there!
- All levels welcome. However this won’t introduce coding from the ground up, so this might feel fast-paced for completely new students.
- Anyone who wants a bootcamp to learn the essentials of React development.
- Those looking for career opportunity in the exciting field of frontend web development.
Created by David Joseph Katz
Last updated 1/2019
Size: 3.11 GB